On your FIRST submission - please be sure to include the following:
Headshot and/or use your email that is linked to a Gravatar
Email: Please use the best email to connect with you - or an email linked to your Gravatar
SHORT bio: About 2-3 sentences about yourself. If you're stuck, answer the question "Why should I listen to you"
Social Media Links: . Please include Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn URLs
Please make your article conform to the following themes for 2017:
January: Just say NO:
March: Organize and Optimize
April: One Small Change
May: Marketing Inside Out
June: Take a Break
July: Have Fun
August: All About YOU
September: Marketing by Design
October: Get Something Started
November: What NOT to Change
December: Stake Your Claim
If you would like a FEATURED article (Sponsored), then select the sponsored category - but use the other category explanations and monthly themes to be your guide.
We are thrilled to post sponsored articles written by brands who support small business.
If you would like to write an article FEATURING your Brand and including:
- Links to landing pages on your site
- Multiple links to other content on your site
- Specific calls to action
- More sales oriented content
- Content that features your product or service capabilities, images, screenshots, demonstrations, etc.
Here are the featured types of articles that you can submit:
• We accept unique/original content that hasn't been published anywhere else.
• Long-form content (1000+) words is ideal
• Educational and informative: Our readers are drawn to brands and experts who feature their experience and expertise.
• Focused on a topic or conversation that your brand participates in. For example, if your company has a project management platform, you might focus on topics around project management, productivity, collaboration, teamwork, etc.
Your brand will be featured prominently using a header with your logo and a footer with a link to any page or opt-in where you want to send people.
The fee for a sponsored article is $500 per article. You will be invoiced after your article is submitted. Your article will be published after payment is received.
Do you have a favorite hack to get customers, keep customers, drive traffic, increase conversions, promote something? We want to hear all about it! Check out Backlinko, Brian Dean’s How-to article – this is EXACTLY the kind of stuff we’re looking for here.
This is a product review style article or a LIST post of best tools. It is NOT for product promotions of any kind.
If you are currently using or have used a specific sales, marketing, social media or other small business management tool that makes your life easier and helps you run your business better and faster while saving you money -- we want to hear all about it.
If you are currently representing a tool or platform - PLEASE do NOT make this a pitch for your product.
Please follow the following outline -
1. Introduction: Hook us with something really interesting - pretend that you're talking to a friend at lunch and sharing something you learned.
2. What problem were you trying to solve?
3. How did you find the tool? Did you search, did you ask someone?
4. What was it about the tool that made it appealing to you?
5. Tell us about the pricing options
6. What do you like most about the tool?
7. What's missing that you'd like to see?
8. Who is the tool ideal for?
9. What were the results you got from using this tool?
If you're submitting a LIST of best tools -- follow this basic outline only shorter.
Do you have access to recent research or studies that feature a trend in the area of sales, marketing or social media?
Share the research, how it impacts small business owners and what the research tells them to do with their marketing.
Don't just quote the research, take it one step further and share specific tools, tips and strategies that small business owners can use to take advantage of the research or trend.
Do a book review or give us a top 10 list of marketing books.
Have you recently read a sales and marketing book and successfully implemented any of the strategies?
Maybe you have a LIST of books on a sales and marketing theme? Share it with us! Please follow this general outline.
1. Include the book name, author name, author's Twitter handle and an Amazon link to the book.
2. Give your book review a snappy title
3. If you're reviewing a single book, please write at least 800 words and use the following outline:
Introduction: Hook us into the book or your book list -- start with something interesting. Talk to the reader as if he/she is a friend.
- What's the book about -- what problem where you trying to solve when you picked up this book -- and how did the book help you solve it?
- What was the best thing about this book
- Is there anything you felt was missing
- Who will get the most out of the book
4. If you're putting together a list -- use this same outline - just shorter -- about 120 words for each book. (again your goal is an article that totals about 1,000 words)