DIYMarketers’ mission is to “Simplify Marketing” – our goal is to help small business owners “make sense of marketing”. Things that you (as an expert) take for granted are often confusing to our audience. So, content that explains your area of expertise and breaks it down into actionable details does best.
Think of DIYMarketers as a cross between “Consumer Reports” and “Real Simple Magazine” We are a go-to publication for small business owners who are cash strapped, time strapped and just want the short skippy on where to go and what to do.
On your FIRST submission - please be sure to include the following:
- Headshot and/or use your email that is linked to a Gravatar. We highly recommend using a Gravatar - https://id.gravatar.com/
- Email: Please use the best email to connect with you - or an email linked to your Gravatar
- SHORT bio: About 2-3 sentences about yourself. If you're stuck, answer the question "Why should I listen to you"
- Social Media Links: Please include Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn URLs
HOW IT WORKS
- Once you submit your article, our editorial team will review it and determine if it is fit for publication.
- If your article is accepted you will receive a notification email.
- If your article is rejected, you will receive a notification email.
- If your article is published, you will receive a notification email with a link to the article.
- We have a long queue of articles and it can take a while for your article to publish. Please don't ask WHEN it will publish. Our editorial team will schedule it at an appropriate time given our editorial calendar.
Below are the different categories we have open for guest posts. Simply click on a category to see what it's all about -- then when you're ready to submit your article, just click SUBMIT -- fill out the form and submit your article.
PLEASE follow the instructions outlined here. We will only publish articles that follow the guidelines and that are submitted through this platform.
If you would like a FEATURED article (Sponsored)
One way to get our immediate attention is to sponsor content -- here are some options you may find interesting:
- If you want traffic to a post? We'd be happy to run some sponsored social media shares $150 per share per channel
- If you'd like to submit a sponsored article that YOU write - that's $500. Our team will review your submission, make necessary edits and publish within 48 hours.
- Want engagement with small businesses, experts and influencers? Sponsor one of our #BizapaloozaChats -- You can place up to 4 tweets for $500 with a link.
- Be a featured sponsor of our #BizapaloozaChat - this includes a sponsored article written by me, a video podcast interview, and having your brand be a featured guest. This is a $2500 value for $1500!
If you're interested in any of these options, just reply and let me know and we'll get you all set up.
What is influencer marketing (how can my small business use influencer marketing)
- Why use influencer marketing
- Instagram influencers for small business
- Micro influencers
- Free influencer tools for digital marketing
Are you a big fan of any of these products?
- Constant Contact
- Zoho Products (Any Zoho app such as Zoho Mail, Zoho CRM, Zoho Campaigns, etc)
We're looking for a review of that product. Please use this outline in your content. Content that doesn't follow this outline will be rejected.
- How long have you been using it?
- What triggered you to try it
- What are your favorite features
- What features would you like to see
- How much is it?
Provide ratings from 1-100
- Value (does the price match the benefit you get)
- Usefulness (to what degree do you depend on this product)
- Ease of Use (How easy is it to learn and use effectively)
How to create an infographic
- What is an infographic
- Why use infographics (to get backlinks, shares, etc for example)
- How to choose an infographic template for the data you want to present (Sub category)
- Best infographic tools, makers, software (either a long list or a shorter list with more detail.
- Best information to put on an infographic
- How to brainstorm infographic ideas
- A list of infographics that get the most shares and backlinks
You can see the SEMRush Topic Analysis Here - This is a view only file, so copy it to your device
There are questions our audience wants answers to right now
How to make a brochure online
- In Canva
- In Google Docs
- In Visme
- What sections go into a trifold?
- Are there design rules to follow?
- Best brochure templates for 2020
These are our most popular questions about email marketing.
Article must be no less than 1600 words
You can use as many of the suggestions below in your content (as H2 headers)
Include at least 2 links to DIYMarketers content
Links to your site MUST be relevant blog articles - links that are irrelevant to the content and not helpful to the reader will be removed.
Use these as H2s or Blog Topics
How do I get a business email address
How to write good emails
What email should I use for business
How do I get an email with my company name
Does email marketing require a double opt in/Is double-opt in mandatory for email marketing
Does email marketing increase sales
Does email marketing work/How do I know if email marketing works
We're looking for curated list posts for the following:
- DIY WordPress Themes - Pull together a list of the best WordPress themes or templates that anyone can use to build their small business website. FREE themes are even better.
- WordPress Plugins
- Email Marketing Tools
- Marketing Books
- Design Tools