DIYMarketers’ mission is to “Simplify Marketing” – our goal is to help small business owners “make sense of marketing”. Things that you (as an expert) take for granted are often confusing to our audience. So, content that explains your area of expertise and breaks it down into actionable details does best.
Think of DIYMarketers as a cross between “Consumer Reports” and “Real Simple Magazine” We are a go-to publication for small business owners who are cash strapped, time strapped and just want the short skippy on where to go and what to do.
On your FIRST submission - please be sure to include the following:
- Headshot and/or use your email that is linked to a Gravatar. We highly recommend using a Gravatar - https://id.gravatar.com/
- Email: Please use the best email to connect with you - or an email linked to your Gravatar
- SHORT bio: About 2-3 sentences about yourself. If you're stuck, answer the question "Why should I listen to you"
- Social Media Links: Please include Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn URLs
HOW IT WORKS
- Once you submit your article, our editorial team will review it and determine if it is fit for publication.
- If your article is accepted you will receive a notification email.
- If your article is rejected, you will receive a notification email.
- If your article is published, you will receive a notification email with a link to the article.
- We have a long queue of articles and it can take a while for your article to publish. Please don't ask WHEN it will publish. Our editorial team will schedule it at an appropriate time given our editorial calendar.
Below are the different categories we have open for guest posts. Simply click on a category to see what it's all about -- then when you're ready to submit your article, just click SUBMIT -- fill out the form and submit your article.
PLEASE follow the instructions outlined here. We will only publish articles that follow the guidelines and that are submitted through this platform.
If you would like a FEATURED article (Sponsored)
One way to get our immediate attention is to sponsor content -- here are some options you may find interesting:
- If you want traffic to a post? We'd be happy to run some sponsored social media shares $150 per share per channel
- If you'd like to submit a sponsored article that YOU write - that's $500. Our team will review your submission, make necessary edits and publish within 48 hours.
- Want engagement with small businesses, experts and influencers? Sponsor one of our #BizapaloozaChats -- You can place up to 4 tweets for $500 with a link.
- Be a featured sponsor of our #BizapaloozaChat - this includes a sponsored article written by me, a video podcast interview, and having your brand be a featured guest. This is a $2500 value for $1500!
If you're interested in any of these options, just reply and let me know and we'll get you all set up.
We're looking for articles that cover the following DIY Content Marketing topics:
- Content Strategy
- Press Releases
- Content Promotion
- Measurement / ROI - How to measure content marketing effectiveness
- Inbound Marketing
We're looking for articles that cover the following DIY Digital Marketing topics:
- Digital Strategy
- Marketing Campaigns
- SEO (DIY SEO tips)
- Measurement / ROI - How to measure your internet marketing effectiveness
- Mobile / Apps - that make internet marketing easier
- Email Marketing
- Marketing Automation
- Conversion Rate Optimization
- Landing Pages
We're looking for articles that cover the following Advertising topics:
- Advertising Strategy
- PPC - Pay Per Click strategies for DIY Marketing
- DIY Direct Mail
- Social Advertising
- Traditional / Print
- Affiliate Marketing
- Measurement / ROI - Measuring advertising effectiveness
- Outbound Marketing
We're looking for articles that cover the following DIY Marketing topics:
- DIY Marketing Materials
- DIY Marketing Research
- DIY Marketing Plan
- DIY Promotions
- Marketing Budget
- Marketing Trends
- DIY Marketing Ideas
- Influencer Marketing
- do it yourself marketing
- diy social media marketing
- diy seo for small businessseo
- b2b lead generation ideas
- ways of marketing a business
- guerrilla marketing ideas for small businesses
- local business marketing ideas
- do it yourself direct mail
We're looking for articles that cover the following Sales topics:
- Relationship Building
- Sales Tools
- Social Networking
- Sales Presentations
- Best Sales Presentation Tools
- Sales Presentation Structure
- Customer Presentations
- How to generate leads
We're looking for articles that cover the following Social Media Marketing topics:
- DIY Social Media Strategy
- SMS - Text
- Other Social Media Platforms
- Social Media ROI
- Social Listening
Do a book review or give us a top 10 list of marketing books.
Have you recently read a sales and marketing book and successfully implemented any of the strategies?
Maybe you have a LIST of books on a sales and marketing theme? Share it with us! Please follow this general outline.
1. Include the book name, author name, author's Twitter handle and an Amazon link to the book.
2. Give your book review a snappy title
3. If you're reviewing a single book, please write at least 800 words and use the following outline:
Introduction: Hook us into the book or your book list -- start with something interesting. Talk to the reader as if he/she is a friend.
- What's the book about -- what problem where you trying to solve when you picked up this book -- and how did the book help you solve it?
- What was the best thing about this book
- Is there anything you felt was missing
- Who will get the most out of the book
4. If you're putting together a list -- use this same outline - just shorter -- about 120 words for each book. (again your goal is an article that totals about 1,000 words)
When submitting your article, please include at least 4 images that you own or are available for free INSIDE the document you submit.